You gotta make this. Mr. B’s Bistro BBQ Shrimp
Mr. B’s is a fabulous restaurant in New Orleans, and the recipe is one of their house favorites. It’s not BBQ in the traditional sense of the word, but is so rich and delicious. Like their site says, don’t be afraid of the amount of butter. I promise you won’t be sorry.
Just don’t forget an extra stack of napkins, it gets a little messy peeling the shrimp!
I included the link to the original recipe earlier, but I’m also including the recipe below too in case they ever take the recipe down. It’s that awesome.
- 16 jumbo shrimp (12 per pound, about 1 1/2 pounds), with heads and unpeeled
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- French bread as accompaniment
In a large skillet combine shrimp, Worcestershire, lemon juice, black peppers, Creole seasoning, and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute on each side. Reduce heat to moderate and stir in butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when butter is melted. Remove skillet from heat. Place shrimp in a bowl and pour sauce over top. Serve with French bread for dipping.
Yield: 4 appetizers or 2 entrees